The known novelist and screenwriter, Elmore Leonard, died at the age 87.
Elmore Leonard focused on writing crime fiction and suspense thrillers. Some of his works include:
- 2001 Fire in the Hole
- 2002 When the Women Come Out to Dance Anthology (includes Fire in the Hole) Tishomingo Blues
- 2004 A Coyote’s in the House
- 2004 Mr. Paradise
- 2005 The Hot Kid
- 2006 Comfort to the Enemy Published serially in New York Times
- 2007 Up in Honey’s Room
- 2009 Road Dogs
- 2010 Djibouti
- 2012 Raylan
He also received some awards:
- 1992 Grand Master Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America
- 2006 Louisiana Writer Award
- 2008 F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Award for outstanding achievement in American literature
- 2011 Peabody Award, FX’s “Justified”
- 2012 National Book Award, Medal for Distinguished Contribution
May he rest in peace!
Google seems very animated today as Google Doodles Douglas Adams 61st Birthday!
Google Doodles Douglas Adams 61st Birthday
Douglas Adams was an English writer and an author known for the book The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. He has been into radio comedy, television series and computer games.
Other books Douglas Adams wrote include:
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency – 1987
- The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul – 1988
- Last Chance to See – 1990
- The Salmon of Doubt – 2002
Known for his DRACULA Gothic novel, Bram Stoker is celebrating his birthday as Google Doodles Bram Stoker 165th Birthday today.
Google Doodles Bram Stoker 165th Birthday
Bram Stoker is an Irish short story writer and a novelist. But he was also known for being the business manager of Lyceum Theatre owned by Henry Irving to whom he worked as a personal assistant.
My sporting for plastic printers clear business cards creating ideas for my halted when I read a news about Helen Gurley Brown’s death, many mourn the loss of the iconic former Cosmo editor in chief and author of the 1962 best-selling book “Sex and the Single Girl”. And many women respond to her death on Twitter and described her as a visionary thinker, leader and fearless force of nature. She became one of the world’s most recognized magazine editors and a true pioneer fro women in journalism, according to the magazine’s publisher.
Helen Gurley Brown (image source: elle.com)
She became iconic for her being honest and straightforward advice about relationships, career and beauty into magazines for women. Many have said that she created the idea of a modern woman in her best-selling book “Sex and the Single Girl” who encourages single women to enjoy being single and find fulfillment in work and take pleasure with sex even if unmarried. I believe that the fame she got came from a hard life that she experienced when her father died when she was still 10 years old.
Brown passed away at age 90 at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Colombia after a brief hospitalization, although there was no cause of her death yet that was released as of the moment. Her husband of more than 50 years died last February 2010 at the age of 93.
The influential Australian Art Critic, Robert Hughes, died at the age of 74 after suffering from an illness, according to his wife, in Calvary Hospital in the Bronx.
Robert Hughes, Art Critic, Dies at 74
Robert Hughes has a great part in the art of Australian History.
The celebrated writer, Gore Vidal, a prolific writer too, dies at the age of 86 due to complications of pneumonia.
Gore Vidal, The PROLIFIC Writer, dies at 86
Some of the famous line from Gore Vidal are:
- “Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little”
- “A narcissist is someone better looking than you are”