It was in 1995 that Seamus Heaney, an Irish poet and playwright, won the Nobel Prize in Literature. But he died at the age of 74 in the hospital due to an illness.
Seamus Heaney, a Nobel Prize-winning Irish poet and playwright, dies at 74
Seamus Heaney was a teacher or professor before he won the Nobel Prize. Some of his poetry main collections are as follows:
- 1984: Station Island, Faber & Faber
- 1987: The Haw Lantern, Faber & Faber
- 1991: Seeing Things, Faber & Faber
- 1996: The Spirit Level, Faber & Faber
- 2001: Electric Light, Faber & Faber
- 2006: District and Circle, Faber & Faber
- 2010: Human Chain, Faber & Faber
Google homepage today is getting so musical and animated. Cool. Isn’t it?
Google Doodles Claude Debussy 151st Birthday
Actually, Google Doodles Claude Debussy 151st Birthday today.
Claude Debussy was a French composer and known for Impressionist music. He was also regarded as the most influential composer of the 20th century as he was able to influence Maurice Ravel, Igor Stravinsky, Olivier Messiaen, Béla Bartók, Pierre Boulez, Henri Dutilleux, Ned Rorem, George Gershwin, and the minimalist music of Steve Reich and Philip Glass.
The known novelist and screenwriter, Elmore Leonard, died at the age 87.
Elmore Leonard focused on writing crime fiction and suspense thrillers. Some of his works include:
- 2001 Fire in the Hole
- 2002 When the Women Come Out to Dance Anthology (includes Fire in the Hole) Tishomingo Blues
- 2004 A Coyote’s in the House
- 2004 Mr. Paradise
- 2005 The Hot Kid
- 2006 Comfort to the Enemy Published serially in New York Times
- 2007 Up in Honey’s Room
- 2009 Road Dogs
- 2010 Djibouti
- 2012 Raylan
He also received some awards:
- 1992 Grand Master Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America
- 2006 Louisiana Writer Award
- 2008 F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Award for outstanding achievement in American literature
- 2011 Peabody Award, FX’s “Justified”
- 2012 National Book Award, Medal for Distinguished Contribution
May he rest in peace!
As typhoon ‘Maring‘, (international name Trami), intensifies even more and classes are being suspended, I have nothing to do here at home but to enjoy the music brought by the rainfall.
One could think that because of this never ending dripping of the rain, a gibson sg cheap at musician’s friend would be good to have and just play it then along with the rainfall so not to make the early morning so boring.
But I don’t like this setting to continue more these coming days because this made me lazy to move, to work for my school and hospital stuff. The weather seemed like inviting me to just lay in my bed the whole day and just keep on listening to the music each rain drops provide. This is really a lazy day to me.
Isn’t it too sad to read how young actors just suddenly end their lives? Yes, because a very young actor, at the age of 29, Lee Thompson Young, committed suicide.
Lee Thompson Young, ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ star, commits suicide at 29 (image from hollywoodreporter.com)
Lee Thompson Young was formerly seen in Disney Channel children’s series “The Famous Jett Jackson,” and now he’s working on a TNT crime drama “Rizzoli & Isles”.
Young’s manager confirmed that the young actor really committed suicide. May he rest in peace.