Carbon Monoxide – the Silent Killer

They say that carbon monoxide is the invisible killer since carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless and a non-irritating toxic gas. It can be found in our homes, in the workshops and just around our surroundings.

Carbon Monoxide (image source and credits)

Carbon Monoxide is a very dangerous chemical compound especially in our homes since it can be just found from any appliances at home like  gas ranges, stoves heaters and when automobiles or engines from lawn mowers emit this toxic gas enters the home. Since it is colorless and odorless, we may not know that it is accumulated already in our homes so it is very important to have carbon monoxide alarms installed to determine and detect the presence of this poisonous gas.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is also considered as one of the common types of fatal poisoning. But we can protect ourselves and our loved ones from this silent killer. We can do regular inspection and maintenance of all fuel-burning appliances in the house. Gas stoves, ranges, oven and clothes dryers should be used for its purpose and not for heating the homes, and these appliances must be used properly. Should you suspect anyone in your household suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, bring immediately to the nearest hospital to avoid complications, worst, death.

Comments are closed.